Selected Research and Creative Works
- Presented at a poster session titled G.I.F.T. (Great Ideas for Teaching) at the 2012 convention of the Association for Journalism and Mass Communication, Aug. 9, 2012, in Chicago. The presentation was titled “From Tweet to Lead.”
- Presented, along with Dr. Janette Ralston, “Journalism as a Way of Learning: How Secondary School Teachers Can Use Journalism Principles in Their Classrooms” at the Hawaii International Conference on Education in Honolulu, Hawaii, Jan. 5-8, 2012.
- Wrote “Fighting censorship on campus,” an article published in the January/February 2009 edition of The Quill, the magazine of the Society of Professional Journalists.
- Contributed articles to the Encyclopedia of the First Amendment published by CQ Press, a division of Congressional Quarterly, Inc. Publication in September 2008.
- Presented “Speaking Up in Class: A Quantitative Analysis of High School Environments and Student Attitudes About Free Expression,” at the 2004 convention of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication in Toronto.
- Completed a dissertation titled An Investigation of the Relationships Between High School Environment and the Students’ Knowledge and Attitudes Regarding Free Expression, May 2002.
- Wrote “Copyright in the Classroom,” an article published in the July/August 2001 edition of The Quill, the magazine of the Society of Professional Journalists.